A honeymoon in Playa del Carmen, Mexico? Yes please!
Starting the next chapter of your lives together set to the backdrop of an ivory colored beach and turquoise sea – well, it just doesn’t get much more romantic than that! After the stress of planning a wedding, this is going to be the vacation of a lifetime and a trip you will never forget. The Huffington Post nailed it when they said that weddings are not about you – but honeymoons are!
But! Memories fade, so be sure to take loads of honeymoon photos along the way. Capture that feeling of being madly in love in the warmth of a Caribbean sunset. Bottle the happiness of a remarkable moment in time by taking these 4 cliché honeymoon photos with a professional lifestyle photographer.
1. Laughter is the best medicine
Want the secret behind the best honeymoon photos AND a happy marriage? Laughter. Remember to laugh together every day.
For your honeymoon photos, pretend that the camera isn’t even there. Tickle each other, tell a joke, have a staring contest. Whatever is going to get a giggle out of you, that’s what you gotta do! The point of this is two-fold:
- You will both relax. Most people are a little nervous in front of the camera. A shared snicker is the best way to shake off the anxious deer-in-headlights grin that makes for painful pictures.
- You will get candid, frame-worthy photos that give the viewer a feeling of catching you in a moment.
2. Walking down the beach
Take a slow stroll through the soft, opalescent sand. Move at a leisurely pace holding hands. Let the ocean waves tickle at your toes. Walk up the beach, then walk down the beach. And repeat. Look at each other, or don’t, it doesn’t really matter, as long as you ignore the camera and just enjoy the moment. This shouldn’t be too hard, I mean you are in paradise with your best friend! Your honeymoon photographer will be there catching all of the action.
Download our FREE Ultimate Guide To Getting Married In The Riviera Maya
3. Dip her down for a kiss
Ah yes, the dipping shot. So cliché, but so cute when executed properly. Follow these steps for dipping success, because when you do it wrong it looks super awkward and worse, it can hurt you both.
- For Him: Spread your feet shoulder width. Put one hand on her stomach or her side and the other at her mid-back. Keep your knees soft, and shift your weight in the direction of the dip as you lean her over just a small amount. Smooch her as you come back up. Note – Do not leave her down for longer than 5 seconds or it can hurt her back.
- For Her: Stand sideways to your man, and throw the arm closest to him around his upper back and shoulder. Shift your weight to the leg closest to him, and allow yourself to be dipped. Trust him and don’t fight it.
4. Pick her up for a kiss
After you have gotten your cliché dipping photo, then you will also have to get a photo of husband picking up his wife for a kiss. This photo comes with a note of caution for him: when she is in your arms, lean towards her for the kiss, rather than rolling her towards you for the kiss which will angle her in a way that her backside faces the camera. This will make her butt look huge, giving you a photo that will definitely never make it to a frame, and could be grounds for divorce if it ever got shared on social media! (Check out this article for more tips and tricks on looking great in your photos!)
5. Sunset kiss in the surf
No honeymoon photo session would be complete without a cliché shot of you two canoodling at sunset! And this photo requires very little instruction or thought. Just cuddle, smooch, make out – do what you do best!
There you have it! 5 cliché honeymoon photos you have to take in Playa del Carmen. Go home with more than just selfies to share! To indulge in the best Playa del Carmen honeymoon photographer to capture these photos and more, get in touch with us today. We are Fun In The Sun Weddings, the best honeymoon photographers in the Riviera Maya, Mexico.