Are you dreaming of a destination wedding in Tulum, Mexico?
Do you want to get married on the beach with your toes buried deep in warm, ivory sand while the rolling Caribbean waves crash around you?
There are few places more romantic than a Tulum beach wedding to say “I Do.”
But with SO many chic beach clubs and rustic boutique hotels sprinkled along this powdery paradise, how do you as bride and groom pick the perfect location for your wedding in Tulum?
Have no fear. We have done the hard work for you!
So which Tulum wedding venue comes out on top?
(Drum roll please!)
We vote for The Ak’iin Beach Club Wedding!
Oh, we are so glad you asked…
(Lisa & Ryon’s sneak peek, Real Ak’iin Beach Club Wedding)
1. Your wedding ceremony and reception in a one-stop shop
You can expect the Ak’iin beach club to be a superior location for a dreamy boho-beach ceremony, rustic cocktail hour, tropical wedding reception, and wild beach party – and you barely have to move a muscle in between.
Picture it: After your seaside announcement as husband and wife, your guests need only get up off their seats and retire a few feet behind them to the shade of the swaying palm trees where waiters pass out your ice-cold signature cocktails and canapes.
Then, your wedding reception can be set up right on the beach so you can dine with sandy toes, or under the twinkle-lights in the beachfront jungle palapa.
When the speeches are done, and the cake is cut, step out onto the dance floor that awaits you under the stars, and party the night away!
How does that sound for a dream wedding day?
(Jot & Amy’s story, Real Ak’iin Beach Club wedding)
2. Beautiful wedding photography locations
While your wedding guests get the party started at cocktail hour, you can easily sneak off with your wedding photographer to grab pictures in any or all of these locations:
- On the sprawling opalescent beach, grand enough to create the impression that you are the only two people in the world. (Which is how you are likely to feel in that moment!)
- In the winding jungle pathway, lush and vibrant. (seen here to the right)
- On the rustic dirt road that runs in front of the lobby entryway.
- At the palapa swing bar.
You hardly need to move anywhere to find amazing photo ops, and what this amounts to for you is less time getting magical wedding photos, and more time celebrating with your loved ones. And who doesn’t want that?
Download our FREE Ultimate Guide To Getting Married In The Riviera Maya
3. The perfect location for a wedding venue in Tulum
There comes a time when you need to step outside the romanticism of planning a destination wedding, and consider the logistics and the ‘What Ifs’ of the wedding venues you are considering. This is one of the important ways in which the Ak’iin Beach Club shines.
This beach club is located approximately mid-way down the Tulum beach road. The advantages to this are:
- Less beach traffic than you will see slightly further north towards the center of Tulum. Since there is no way to promise privacy on a beach in Mexico (they are all public property) being in a spot with less Looky-Loo traffic is the next best thing.
- Its midway location also reduces the travel time down the slow-moving beach road. This is important because you and your guests can be staying in any variety of boutique hotels or condos in the area, and transfers in a booming tourist locale is something important to consider.
- They have private parking for your event. Parking is extremely scarce in Tulum, so for any of your guests who may be driving, and of course your wedding vendors, this is a huge plus!
(Jessica & Brian’s story, Real Ak’iin Beach Club wedding)
4. What if it’s a rainy wedding day?
The deepest fear of any couple planning to get married on the beach in the tropics is ‘What if it rains on the wedding day?‘
No problem. The Ak’iin has you covered. Literally.
If the skies bring rain, all is not lost, you can still get married on the beach! They have an adorable beach palapa large enough to do your “I Dos”.
The grand palapa is equipped with super strong plastic rain shutters to keep a stormy night from ruining your celebration.
Doesn’t an acceptable contingency plan make you breathe a sigh of relief?
(Shane & Brandon’s story, Real Ak’iin Beach Club wedding )
5. Plan a destination wedding in Tulum with ease
The best part about choosing an Ak’iin Beach Club wedding is that you control your wedding planning adventure.
The Ak’iin is a one-stop shop for weddings, with excellent onsite catering, service staff, and wedding coordinator. Let them do the work for you, and bring your vision to life based on your wish list. You can contact the Ak’iin Beach Club wedding department directly to get started.
Or you can begin instead by hiring your own outside wedding planner, who will hold your hand every step of the way in creating the wedding of your dreams with unique decor ideas and personalized attention. Think jaw-dropping floral arrangements, funky furniture on the beach, Pinterest-worthy details. If you want to explore this option, simply contact us and we will put you in touch with the best in the land!
Either way, you can relax back at home knowing that your dream destination wedding is coming together without the need to set foot in Mexico before the main event. How great is that?
(Aubrey & Matt’s wedding sneak peek, Ak’iin Beach Club)
Listen, we know that there are a TON of details to organize and arrange (and stress over!) when it comes to planning a destination wedding in Tulum, but choosing your wedding venue should be the easiest one of them all. Look no further than the Ak’iin Beach Club in Tulum, Mexico!
Let’s hear it. Are you having an Ak’iin Beach Club wedding? What made you decide it is the perfect place to get married? Leave your comments below!
Want to know more about Ak’iin Beach Club? Read unbiased reviews on Tripadvisor here.
- Go to our Tulum Wedding Photography Services Page.