Are you planning a proposal, honeymoon or romantic getaway to the Riviera Maya?
As local Playa del Carmen photographers, we are blessed with a landscape of soft ivory sand that reaches out to meet a turquoise sea, and that sets the stage for gorgeous vacation photos!
One of the world’s top vacation destinations, the Riviera Maya draws tourists from all around. But when it comes to inquiries about our engagement photography, honeymoon photography or proposal photography, we find that everyone has pretty much the same questions.
One of the big ones?
How long does a couples’ photo session last?
Although we have set packages, not everyone fits neatly into a box. Couples’ photography sessions can vary depending on the type of people you are, and the budget you are working with.
Let’s explore, shall we?
How long is a typical engagement photography session?
Our standard couples’ photography package is 1.5 hours long, scheduled most often during the hour or so leading up to sunset.
You will find that most photographers in this area offer somewhere between 1 hour and 1.5 hours as standard. We like 1.5 hours best for a few reasons:
- Unless we are working with professional models (RARELY!) then it usually takes people a little time to settle in and relax when a camera is pointed in their direction.
- We like to offer a few different locations in one session to give some diversity to your pictures. Of course, you want to go to the beach, that’s a given. But how about the lush jungle, or vibrant city streets as well?
- We hate to rush, and we don’t want you feeling rushed on your vacation. Let’s make this fun!
What if we want a shorter photo session?
Maybe you are thinking “An hour and a half of photos!? Ugh!”
If you know that you or your partner are more the ‘let’s get this over with and get back to the swim-up bar’ type, then you should definitely ask your photographer for a shorter photo session option.
Or maybe your motivation is a smaller budget. That’s cool too. Vacations are expensive!
We can capture magic in our 45 minute Mini Session, no problem. It will be a little faster-paced, and most likely will only take place at the beach and one other location, but if time and money are your biggest priorities, then a shorter photography session is better than none at all!
What if we want a longer engagement photography session?
On occasion, we get requests for a session longer than 1.5 hours. This is for you if you:
- Would like to travel to a cenote for part of your session.
- Envision multiple locations for your shoot or wardrobe changes, as suggested by The Knot.
- Want us to accompany you on an excursion, such as a boat cruise.
Whatever your motivation, you will find most professional photographers will be flexible in creating a package that fits your unique circumstances. Never be afraid to ask for what you want!
Regardless of the length of your session, you have made an excellent decision to hire a professional vacation photographer. You will never regret having the memory of your romantic holiday displayed throughout your home.
If you are hunting for the best engagement photographers in Riviera Maya, Mexico, then read our 7 Helpful Tips from a Playa del Carmen Engagement Photographer next…or just get in touch with us today!
We are Fun In the Sun Weddings, the best photographers in Playa del Carmen, Tulum and Cancun.