For many of us scrolling through our Facebook news feeds after the holidays, it can feel like everyone just got engaged!
Am I right?
There is a reason for that. According to Wedding Wire, nearly 40% of engagements happen between American Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day.
If you are one of these happy couples now calling each other ‘Fiance’, well…Congratulations!
After the dust settles from all the initial excitement, you may be left wondering “Now What?” Where do you begin when planning a wedding?
The possibilities are endless, and that can make the whole process feel a little daunting! I recommend taking it one decision at a time.
Start with deciding where to get married
Do you want a destination wedding?
Getting married on the beach with your toes in the sand, or a traditional wedding in your hometown?
- 24% of weddings these days are destination weddings.
- The average budgets for a traditional wedding versus a destination wedding are actually surprisingly similar, with both coming in just over and just under 30,000 USD respectively.
- 84% of Americans believe that destination weddings are more fun.
- If given the chance for a wedding ‘Do-Over’, two-thirds of Americans under the age of 35 would choose to have done a destination wedding instead.
- The average age of a bride having a traditional wedding is 28, while the average age of the destination wedding bride is 33.
- The average number of guests at a destination wedding is 48, while at a traditional wedding it is 165.
- 60% of couples getting married destination style pay for the wedding themselves, while only 32% having a traditional wedding do.
- Invitations for at home weddings should be sent out 6-8 weeks before the wedding, while your Save The Date announcements need to be out at least 9-12 months before a destination wedding. (More on Destination Wedding Etiquette here)
Choosing whether to get married on the beach or at home is a personal decision, but if a destination wedding in Mexico happens to be in the cards for you, then you can read more here about your next decision; whether or not to get married at an All-Inclusive resort.
If you are hunting for the best Playa del Carmen wedding photographer for your beach wedding, then get in touch with us now! We are Fun In the Sun Weddings, for the best Riviera Maya wedding photography in cancun, Tulum and Playa del Carmen.